Welcome to ReefGear!
ReefGear News & Newsletters
Select Topics Below:
· Four Ways to Bag Airline Baggage Fees
· Tori Richard Resort Apparel Lands at ReefGear.com
· Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers & Dakine Packs Splash into Reef Gear’s End-of-Summer Sale
· Tropical Lifestyle Apparel Goes Online at ReefGear.com.
Word on the Reef Newsletters:
4 Ways to Bag Airline Baggage Fees
1) Look Before You Book. Visit the official websites of all the airlines you’re considering and get to know their individual baggage policies and fee schedules before booking. Shop around for fares and fees. When you factor in extra service charges, the cheapest fare may not necessarily be the cheapest ticket. The best way to avoid baggage fees? Book your flight with an airline that doesn’t have them – at least for the first checked bag.
2) Carry On. If you’re taking a short trip or traveling to a warm destination, chances are you can fit everything you need into one carry-on bag. And no checked luggage means no extra fees (or waiting in line) for you. Carry-on rules vary from airline to airline, but most allow one carry-on bag and one personal item. Be sure to adhere to their size and weight limits, and hop on board!
3) See the Light. Over-packing is one of the most costly travel mistakes you can make. If your bag is too big or too heavy, you’ll get saddled with an excess baggage charge (usually $50-$100) in addition to that checked bag fee. Ouch. To lighten the load, pack a wardrobe of lightweight, quick-drying layers. Rash guards, cargo shorts, and sundresses in neutral colors are easy to mix and match – even wash and re-wear.
4) Make a Packing List (and check it twice). Another key to traveling light: Know what not to pack. Make a list of what’s essential to your journey and stick to it. That means if it’s not on the list, it doesn’t go in your bag. Eliminate items that will be provided at your destination or plan to buy a few incidentals once you get there. It all adds up to a little extra space for bringing home souvenirs and gifts. Santa would surely approve.
Tori Richard Resort Apparel Lands at ReefGear.com
Jupiter, FL – Reef Gear today announced Tori Richard’s premier collection of men’s and women’s resort wear has just arrived at their online store, ReefGear.com.
Tori Richard is best known for their bold colors and original fabric prints, all inspired by the trends and cultures of Hawaii, Thailand, Marrakech, and exotic resort destinations around the world. Using only the finest fabrics and exclusive, company-designed artwork, Tori Richard has transformed classic aloha attire into sophisticated resort wear for the well-traveled lifestyle.
Bill Peterson, President, Founder and CEO of Reef Gear, says: “Tori Richard clothing is all about the carefree attitude of tropical paradise. The looks are simple, sophisticated, and luxurious, with just a touch of whimsy.”
The Tori Richard line at ReefGear.com includes everything from essential cargo shorts, swim trunks, and tees to fashion-forward tunics, cover-ups, and tank dresses. The focus is on comfortable, yet stylish looks in lightweight cotton voile, soft cotton knit, and silk.
Deeply committed to design and quality, Tori Richard views every textile they create to be a piece of art. Their exclusive fabric weaves and finishes are totally unique, a simple celebration of island relaxation and fun. A Honolulu-based apparel company (one of the oldest on the islands) Tori Richard, Ltd. been a family-run business since 1956.
“We’re pleased to bring the uncompromising style and quality of Tori Richard to ReefGear.com,” says Peterson. “The styles we’ve hand-picked for our online store are perfect to wear anywhere the tropical lifestyle can be embraced – whether that’s Borneo, the beach, or your own backyard.”
About Reef Gear:
Headquartered in Lewisville Texas, Reef Gear is an online retailer of sports gear and leisure apparel for the tropical lifestyle. Reef Gear puts an emphasis on family fun, offering top-quality vacation, beach, and backyard goods for men, women, kids, and water sports enthusiasts of all ages. From snorkels and flip-flops to rashguards and sunscreen, popular brands on the site include Sanuk, Dakine, O’Neill, Tusa, Mares, Tori Richard, Tropical Lifestyle, Reactor, and San Diego Hat Co. For more information, visit http://www.ReefGear.com.
Back to Top
Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers & Dakine Packs Splash into
Reef Gear’s End-of-Summer Sale
Jupiter, Fl – Reef Gear today announced its 2008 End-of-Summer Sale: 10% off all Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers and Dakine Packs and Messenger Bags. the savings are available for all Sidewalk Surfer and Pack purchases at http://www.reefgear.com using coupon code “eos08-packsurf” at checkout.
Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers, known as the “Not a Shoe,” offer an innovative combination of sneaker and sandal. The canvas slip-ons feature “barefoot un-technology,” a patented design that allows the foot to bend and flex the way nature intended. Casually comfortable and fashion-forward, Sidewalk Surfer Shoe Sandals are often spotted on famous feet.
“Kids are always a little more eager to get the latest styles,” says Reef Gear’s President, Founder and CEO, Bill Peterson. “Now they can enjoy a nice discount as we head out of summer and into the holiday season. Plus, who doesn't want to wear the same sidewalk surfers as their favorite celebrities, musicians, and pro athletes?”
During the End-of-Summer Sale, shoppers will find more than 20 styles of Sanuk Sidewalk Surfers at ReefGear.com, including sizes for women, men, girls and boys.
In addition to Sidewalk Surfers, Packs and Messenger Bags by Dakine are also included in the event. Toting the motto of “Everything we design and build is all about quality,” the Dakine packs at Reef Gear belong to a line of street-savvy bags and travel accessories known for durability and functionality.
“Dakine backpacks and messenger bags are long-lasting options for everyone from students and sports enthusiasts to parents and professionals,” says Peterson. “They feature comfortable, adjustable shoulder straps and padded laptop compartments, plus extra perks like mp3 cordports and insulated lunch boxes. It’s a great way to get organized, travel or just pack for a day at the beach.”
To order Sidewalk Surfers and Dakine Packs in time for End-of-Summer, online shoppers can go to http://www.reefgear.com with checkout code: eos08-packsurf. The 10% savings are good now through october 1, 2008.
About Reef Gear:
Headquartered in Lewisville Texas, Reef Gear is an online retailer of sports gear and leisure apparel for the tropical lifestyle. Reef Gear puts an emphasis on family fun, offering top-quality vacation, beach, and backyard goods for men, women, kids, and water sports enthusiasts of all ages. From snorkels and flip-flops to rashguards and sunscreen, popular brands on the site include Sanuk, Dakine, O’Neill, Tusa, Mares, Tori Richard, Tropical Lifestyle, Reactor and San Diego Hat Co. for more information, visit http://www.reefgear.com.
Back to Top
Tropical Lifestyle Apparel Goes Online at ReefGear.com
Jupiter, FL – Reef Gear today announced Tropical Lifestyle, a brand from By the Sea, is now available to web shoppers at ReefGear.com. Reef Gear is one of the first online retailers to carry the high quality resort wear stateside. Created by Brazilian-born designer Renato Vianna, Tropical Lifestyle boutiques are currently located in Bali, Jakarta, Ipanema, Buzios, and Ritz-Carlton resorts across the U.S.
To introduce the new Tropical Lifestyle line to customers, Reef Gear will offer 30% off all By the Sea Tropical Lifestyle apparel, now through December 31, 2008. The line includes swim trunks, Bermuda shorts, lightweight pants, and island shirts for men, as well as tunics, kaftans, dresses, and cover-ups for women.
Reef Gear President, Founder, and CEO Bill Peterson says: “We’re thrilled to bring the quality, comfort, and beauty of Tropical Lifestyle to the Reef Gear online store. This line really captures the ease and elegance of living the tropical life. It’s style-conscious, in a relaxed sort of way. And we love how these looks can go anywhere, from resort to beach, even uptown.”
Throughout Indonesia and Brazil, Tropical Lifestyle is already well-known for its cool twist on classic tropical apparel. Vianna’s designs are all crafted from pure, soft natural 100% cotton. The fresh colors and tasteful tropical prints are free-spirited and simple to mix and match.
Women’s Wear Daily recently reported Tropical Lifestyle to be “the line for the sophisticated traveler who wants both style and comfort.”
Now available online at Reef Gear, By the Sea Tropical Lifestyle apparel is 30% off at http://www.ReefGear.com through December 31, 2008. Sale prices are reflected on the site.
About Reef Gear:
Headquartered in Lewisville, Reef Gear is an online retailer of sports gear and leisure apparel for the tropical lifestyle. Reef Gear puts an emphasis on family fun, offering top-quality vacation, beach, and backyard goods for men, women, kids, and water sports enthusiasts of all ages. From snorkels and flip-flops to rashguards and sunscreen, popular brands on the site include Sanuk, Dakine, O’Neill, Tusa, Mares, Tori Richard, Tropical Lifestyle, Reactor and San Diego Hat Co. for more information, visit http://www.reefgear.com.
Back to Top